Financial Director/Central Region Rep
Jane Dudley, Nottingham Trent University
This is a feature block that you can use to highlight features.
Secretary/North West Representative
Phillip Satchell, University of Lancaster
Director/South East Representative
South West and Wales Representatives
Val Green, CHACE
Daniel Parrott, Swansea University
- Chairs meetings of the Executive.
- Represents the Network at meetings with stakeholders including DfE and DSSGand as required for DSA and student support related activity.
- Requests and proposes agenda items to external meetings.
- Distributes external meeting minutes and communications as appropriate.
- Liaises closely on ongoing basis with Executive.
- Maintains a log of Chair/Executive activity and distributes to the Membership.
- Consults with members on reviews of DSA and student support related activity, collates feedback and reports according to agreed protocols.
- Maintains oversight of implementation and maintenance of assessor registration and accreditation processes, in liaison with NNAC colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Reports routinely to Executive Committee meetings and to Annual General Meeting.
- Liaises with NNAC Administration.
- Deputises for the Chair as required and agreed by the Executive and between the two officers.
- Maintains accurate and complete accounts.
- Receives and records payments.
- Liaises closely with NNAC Administration regarding invoices, payments received and outstanding.
- Arranges annual financial auditing and produces accounts for the AGM.
- Reports routinely to Executive.
- Evaluates proposals for use of NNAC funding and ensures any agreed are authorised by a quorum of the Executive.
- Arranges Executive meetings, including booking of venues.
- Compiles agendas in liaison with Executive and membership as appropriate.
- Takes notes in meetings, produces Minutes for circulation to Executive and to the Membership.
- Maintains log of actions agreed and follows up as appropriate.
- Produces and sends out membership fee invoices.
- Liaises with Treasurer regarding payments and follows up as required.
- Monitors Admin mailbox and responds as required.
- Liaises with webmaster regarding additions and amendments to NNAC website.
- Maintains appropriate administrative records relating to centres and assessors.
- Arranges and organises the AGM, including the booking of the venue; invitation to guest speakers; the production and collation of papers and the distribution of these at the AGM.
- Organisation of regional meetings according to schedule agreed by NNAC Executive Committee (generally 3 per annum) including:
- Venue, ensuring accessibility to encourage full attendance of region’s centres.
- Distribution of agenda including items proposed in addition to those agreed by NNAC Executive Committee.
- Collating feedback on discussion points as required.
- Recording and producing minutes including reporting on attendance and apologies.
- Monitoring of attendance and reporting of issues at NNAC Executive Committee meeting as necessary.
- Attendance at NNAC Executive Committee meetings, according to schedule agreed (generally 4 per annum plus 1 on day before AGM).
- Raising/reporting back to region on issues within the Network.
- Seeking and collating feedback on national discussion and policy issues.
- Developing and maintaining understanding of the centres in the region to ensure representation is across membership, acknowledging range of models of service delivery.
- Willingness to visit and report to Executive on potential new centres.
- Willingness to represent NNAC at stakeholder meetings and telephone conferences etcetera if required.
- Commitment to development and maintenance of regional support networks and consortia for activities including assessor registration, training and assessment observations for quality assurance.
Purpose – Liaison and Networking
(Summarised extract from HERA Role Profile Statements 2010)
Initiates, develops or leads (and participates in) networks which are external to the Institution/organisation; maintains relationships over time; establishes (and maintains) communication channels and thus:
- advances the profession or subject;
- influences external developments;
- generates benefits for the institution/organisation in order to influence events or decisions;
- undertakes active collaboration to pursue a shared interest;
- ensures dissemination of information;
- builds relationships and contacts to facilitate future exchange of information.